Guest Post by Joel Norsworthy, Chairman of the Board
Hello SF Lighthouse Family!
I hope everyone has had the opportunity to take advantage of this amazing weather that we’ve been experiencing over the past few days, which has likely translated to some impromptu visits to the beach and pool for some whereas others may have opted to stay inside with their A/C on high!
Over the past few weeks, we have been talking about the importance of “automating the important” as it relates to online giving—something that we would love for the entire San Francisco Lighthouse community to get onboard with as we head into the summer months.
Historically, we have seen a significant decrease in giving during the summer, which is largely due to travel schedules. Our hope is to change this in 2014 by making it effortless for everyone through automating the process.
If you have not already logged in to our new online portal, you can easily create a new profile here.
Once you have setup your profile, follow these steps to set up a recurring donation:
- Click on Your Giving at the bottom of the home menu
- Click on Schedule Giving on the right-hand side of the screen
- Select Tithe or Offering from the 1st hitting Continue to move on (you will select frequency on the next page)
- In the left-hand column, select the frequency of your giving followed by the start date before hitting Continue
- Enter your phone number, routing number and accounting number for the personal checking account you would like the funds to be withdrawn from and hit Continue.
- Review and Accept all of the details and then click on “Process this schedule”
- You’re all done! This schedule can be edited or deleted at any time.
Thank you for your continued faithful giving to our community and for taking the time to join us in this new effort to simplify the process for everyone.